GEYC is selecting 3 Romanian participants, to take part in "Break A Brick- Youth Against Social Exclusion" European project that will take place in the surroundings of Tallinn (3 Km), Estonia from 8 to 15 November 2015. This project will treat the phenomena of exclusion and it is a matter of necessity related by the boost of social exclusion rate among young people in the European Countries. Deadline: 3 October 2015 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
About the project:
The idea of this project is arises to meet a need express by youth workers who work in the field of social exclusion with young people. This project will treat the phenomena of exclusion and it is a matter of necessity related by the boost of social exclusion rate among young people in the European Countries, origin by insecurity in living standards, political and social isolation, feelings of estrangement and unhealthy lifestyles, surge of unemployment rate among young people. And now European landscape in which young people are in even more danger of suffering from additional material deprivation, social and emotional marginalization. With this training we aim to increase the skills and the background of the Youth workers, whom can offer opportunities to young people, to prevent and to remedy the social exclusion. The training will be started with ice – breaking games and exercises that will facilitate the process of the participants getting to know each other and stimulate them to better adjust in the multicultural reality they will work in. The educative sessions will be organized in the form of exercises, make the participants learn from their own experience. When need, especially when a new concept, term or issue was introduced, the trainers would give short theoretical background subject. The brain – stormings and the open discussions will give each participant the opportunity to express his/her ideas and opinions. The role-playing games will enable them to understand better other people’s points of view. At the end of each working day, every participant will have the chance to express his/her opinion about the activities they had and to give suggestions for the next day. The project itself and especially the exercises focused on teamwork in all aspects of the training course. Participants will return home with more skills, competences and knowledge, and with improved attitudes. The participants will be responsible to use the results and the working methods learned during the training course, to prevent social exclusion in the young people and spread the project’s objectives in their local community, trying to involve also political leaders. The work group will gain new competences , concerning mutual understanding, autonomy, communication skills . Participant also will return home with more skills, competences and knowledge about project making process with focus on the use of Erasmus + Programme and possibilities that Programme. That will give capacity to participants to offer to young people more space to participate ias active citizens of their community and of Europe.
-3 participants with no superior age limit (minimum 18 years old)
-group leaders, youth workers, volunteers who work with young people and who want to learn about or develop their skills in order to promote and launch new quality projects under the framework of the Erasmus + Programme on the topic of the social inclusion
-participants that carry out their activities in a non-governmental entity or in a local authority
-having an interest to work in partnerships with other stake holders on fight against social exclusion
-committed to contribute to the follow up of the project
-GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
1. Selection of the participants according to the online form submitted which you can it here
2. Completing the Application Form (only those selected in the first round will received it)
3. Skype interview with an representative from TDM 2000 Estonia, the organisation holding this project.
For the project you will have to prepaire:
1. A presentation of your NGO (in this case GEYC Association);
2. Collect datas, surveys and situation about Social Inclusion in your country;
3. A presentation for the intercultural evening (traditional food, music, dances, clothes, games, pictures etc.);
4. Best Practices to be shared with the other participants.
As soon as the groups are formed you will receive more details on how to prepare the above mentioned tasks.
by 15 October 2015: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable)
Note: if you won't receive an e-mail by 15 October, it means that we found other suitable candidates for this project.
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
Participants will be required to cover:
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- Each participant will receive the 100% of the total reimbursement within the limit of 275 EUR after the presentation of all the official documents (Boarding Passes and Invoices), and right after they have concluded the follow-up activities, dissemination of results and the mobility report has been filled;
- You should bring your European Health Card
- We suggest you to bring warm clothes, boots, jacket and all be ready in case of snow.
- We suggest you also to bring a laptop per group (you will disscuss this with the other Romanian participants) that will be useful for some activities in order to develop materials as outcomes of the project and work in groups;
- A draft agenda can be found below