In order to promote, develop and enrich GEYC Center of resources we launch a call for candidates for the position of "New Media Ambassador", a 2 months practical training in the field of social media, multimedia, PR and communication skills.
The deadline for submitting the application form is 20/04/2013.
GEYC Resource center offers a wide variety of online free tools about multimedia and social media topics aimed to help both individuals and organizations in their work. Our center is aimed to support "Young People Combating Hate Speech On-line" campaign of Council of Europe.
New Media Ambassador profile
- ability to communicate in English;
- ability to communicate by e-mail/Facebook on a daily basis;
- basic experience in using social media and multimedia tools;
- sense of initiative, creativity, responsibility, self-management;
- The New Media Ambassador has the role to promote, develop and contribute to GEYC Resources Center during the practical training. More information will be provided during practical training preparation;
- 2 months period: 01/05/2013-30/06/2013;
- involvement: more than 5-10 hours/week;
- all activities will be done at the initiative of the candidate, therefor, it could be online or at local level in order to not require any cost on behalf of the candidate;
- until 20/04/2013: submission of application form;
- until 25/04/2013: notification of results;
- until 30/04/2013: signing the volunteering contract;
- 01/05/2013-30/06/2013: practical training, mentoring and support;
- 01-15/07/2013: submission of report by the New Media Ambassador;
- 16-31/07/2013: submission of recommendation from GEYC;
- getting/ improving their communication, social media, multimedia skills;
- working in an intercultural team, sharing experiences and working together with other New Media Ambassadors, networking;
- time/location flexibility (everybody can work from home as long as they dispose an Internet connection and they are able to speak in English);
- the title of "New Media Ambassador" could be a great asset for their CV;
- signing a volunteering contract which will be a great asset for their personal portfolio;
- getting a recommendation to enhance the practical training according to the main achievements in order to facilitate the future employment of the volunteer;