GEYC is selecting 4 Romanian participants and one group leader, to take part in "Be an European citizen, become an eco-citizen" European project that will take place in La Vancelle , France from 24.10 to 30.10.2016. The main aim of the youth exchange is to show how to live among other Europeans citizen while respecting the sustainability in terms of the environment and economy. Deadline: 31 May 2016 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
Ana Maria Lulea, our Mobility Center Responsible, went to a previous project "Rhythm and Move" that took place in La Vancelle. She is sharing with us some of her photos below.
You will have the change to visit the European Parliament
You will also visit Strasbourg City
And why not a trip to Switzerland
1. Rhytm and move
2. Move and sing
3. Cultural Rendezvous Through Beatboxing
4. What is life
About the project:
With this project we want to show to the participants how to live among other Europeans citizen while respecting the sustainability in terms of the environment and economy. By placing such a subject in the center of attention, it aims to promote intercultural dialogue, stimulate a creative and innovative mindset in young people and encouraging them in the commitment to active European citizenship.
This project has the following objectives:
1. Teach participants the concepts of sustainable development through non-formal education.
2. Allowing young people to discuss their views on this issue and to compare practices adopted by their country.
3. Promote the learning of foreign languages, especially English and French.
4. Confront the young participants to cultural differences.
5. Promote youth engagement in active European citizenship.
We will implement the project through workshops for youth, using non-formal & informal learning methods like:
• Working groups and reflection.
• Workshops for get to know better participants and they experience (discussion learning method).
• Cultural visits.
• Role playing, presentation games and other consolidation activities.
• Intercultural evenings (every evening one culture group will introduce their culture difference).
-4 participants between 18-30 years old
-one group leader with no age limit
-personal and professional motivation
-between 18-30 years old (no age limit for the leader)
-english language, french is a plus
-GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
- until 31 May 2016: submitting the application form
- by 15 June 2016: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable)
- by 25 June 2016: arranging the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs - the reimbursement will be done after the project based on the proof of original tickets) feel free to check geyc.ro/flights for the current price level. GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- between 24.10.-30.10.2016: the youth exchange takes place
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- Transport cost up to 170 EUR per participant (Note: the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer)
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected). Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 135 RON (30 EURO) for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before 21 May 2016) applicants and 225 RON (50 EUR) for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee); The fee is calculated at a fixed exchage rate (EUR=4.5 RON)
- (if needed) transport cost - the amount exceeding 170 EUR
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- The refund for the travel will be made by bank transfer to GEYC Association, when the original tickets and boarding passes (for the way back home) will arrive to the organizers in France (by post or by e-mail). GEYC will also transfer to all the participants.
- Bring: typical food/drinks, music from Romania, pictures etc. to present at the Intercultural Night
- Accomodation will be at MJC La Vancelle
- Wi-fi is not available in the hostel but there is bar « next door » where you can check your e-mails
- Bring your European Health Card (if you don't have it, please ask our coordinator that will contact you for this project)
If you have any questions feel free to contact us through the Contact form or by Facebook (as a private message). Please mention ”La Vancelle project” when you contact us.