GEYC is selecting 5 Romanian participants, to take part in "Cultural Rendezvous Through Beatboxing" European project that will take place in La Vancelle (nearby Strasbourg), France from 15 February to 21 February 2016. The main aim of the youth exchange is to support learning music in order to provide skills and elements that will help the next generation gaining a better understanding of self and others. Deadline: 29 September 2015 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
In your trip to La Vancelle you can visit ...
...you may also visit Switzerland. The closest (and cheapest) airport to La Vancelle is in Basel.
The main objectives of the project:
-the presentation of percussion and its history in Europe and especially in Strasbourg;
-the presentation of Strasbourg and its urban influence in the development of European music;
-the introduction of music as a universal language between cultures;
-the presentation of music as an integral part of European culture;
-the importance of music in enrichment and personal development;
-helping the participants to connect music theory and practice;
-promote the Alsatian territory as a rich cultural destination.
The project will be implemented through workshops for youth, using non-formal & informal learning methods like:
-working groups and reflection;
-workshops supervised by a percussion teacher and volunteer musicians;
-role playing, presentation games and other consolidation activities;
-one group leader
-personal and professional motivation (interested in music)
-between 16-30 years old (no age limit for the leader)
-english language, french is a plus
-GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
by 10 October 2015: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable)
Note: if you won't receive an e-mail by 10 October, it means that we found other suitable candidates for this project.
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- Accomodation will be at MJC La Vancelle (for more photos, please check FB here)
- Wi-fi is not avalaible in the hostel but there is bar « next door » where you can check your emails.
- The refund for the travel will be made by bank transfer to GEYC Association, when the original tickets and boarding passes (for the way back home) will arrive to the organisers in France (by post or by e-mail). GEYC will also transfer to all the participants.
- You must bring your own towel.
- You don’t need to bring bed linens but if you are often cold when you sleep it is good to bring an extra blanket.
- Sport shoes and comfortable clothes
- You should bring your European Health Card
- Minors should have a parental consent.
- The timetable will be given at a later stage