GEYC is selecting 4 Romanian participants and one group leader, to take part in "What is life" European project that will take place in La Vancelle , France from 23.04 to 01.05.2016. The main aim of the youth exchange is to encourage participants to acknowledge the current digital revolution, as opposed to the undergoing changes. Deadline: 12 January 2016 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
Ana Maria Lulea. one of the participants from the previous project "Rhytm and Move" that took place in La Vancelle, had an amazing experience there. She is sharing with us some of her photos below.
You will have the change to visit the European Parliament
You will also visit Strasbourg City
And why not a trip to Switzerland
About the project:
Since a few years, we have been witnessing a phenomenon whereby people (regardless their education, background, occupation) are increasingly more willing to question and/or take part in the current digital revolution, as opposed to undergoing these changes passively. An example of this attitude is the opening of workshops such as Makers spaces, Fablabs, Hacker spaces all over the globe. This Erasmus + project aims to encourage participants to acknowledge this trend by growing more aware of this social phenomenon. To achieve this goal, throughout this exchange, participants will explore aspects of digital practical) which are novel to them.
The objectives of the project are:
-motivate youngsters to live an intercultural experience ;
-encourage participants to operate unusual, hence creative associations ;
-favor comparison, exchange between youngsters of different nationalities ;
-motivate youngsters to fuel the development of new realities such as fablabs, maker spaces, hacker spaces, in their own countries ;
-invite reflection on the consequences of the latest technological developments, especially concerning artificial intelligence (A.I.) and the social media, and encourage participants to form an opinion and develop a critical attitude towards them ;
-encourage participants to view DIY under a novel angle, thus distancing themselves from full blown consumerism ;
-improve participants prospects for employment, especially in the domain of the digital industry ;
-practical activities involving computers, microcontrollers, but also DIY. Each activity will serve to highlight participants views on issues regarding artificial intelligence and digital technologies, and will therefore be followed by group discussions;
-designing experiments to test participants attitudes towards certain issues surrounding artificial intelligence and digital technologies;
-role plays, and other team building activities;
-Intercultural evenings for promoting group cohesion
-4 participants between 16-30 years old
-one group leader with no age limit
-personal and professional motivation
-between 16-30 years old (no age limit for the leader)
-english language, french is a plus
-GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
Deadline: 12 January 2016 | Apply now
by 27 January 2016: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable)
Note: if you won't receive an e-mail by 27 January 2016, it means that we found other suitable candidates for this project.
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
Participants will be required to cover:
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- The refund for the travel will be made by bank transfer to GEYC Association, when the original tickets and boarding passes (for the way back home) will arrive to the organisers in France (by post or by e-mail). GEYC will also transfer to all the participants.
- Bring: typical food/drinks, music from Romania, pictures etc. to present at the Intercultural Night
- You should bring: laptop (not tablet), raincoat and comfortable shoes, camera and SD card (only if you have), USB cable (only if you have), board games (only if you have)
- Accomodation will be at MJC La Vancelle
- Wi-fi is not available in the hostel but there is bar « next door » where you can check your e-mails
- Bring your European Health Card (if you don't have it, please ask our coordinator that will contact you for this project)
- You will also have specific tasks to prepaire for the project, you will receive more information about them when you will be contacted by our coordinator