GEYC is selecting 5 Romanian participants to take part in the "Rhythm and Move" European project that will take place in La Vancelle, France, from 27th of October until 2nd of November 2014. This is a youth exchange that aims to support learning music in order to provide skills and elements that will help yong people gain a better understanding of self and others.
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only.
Other applications will not be considered. Deadline: 19.09. 2014. Apply now!
The goal of this project is to transmit to young Europeans a new method of learning, a fun way to discover music. The main objectives of this project are: The presentation of percussion and its history in Europe and especially in Strasbourg; The presentation of Strasbourg and its urban influence in the development of European music; The introduction of music as a universal language between cultures; The presentation of music as an integral part of European culture; The importance of music in enrichment and personal development; Helping the participants to connect music theory and practice; Promote the Alsatian territory as a rich cultural destination.
The project will be implemented through workshops for youth, using non-formal & informal learning methods like: working groups and reflection; workshops supervised by a percussion teacher and volunteer musicians; Cultural visits; Role playing, presentation games and other consolidation activities; Intercultural evenings.
All activities will be provided in English language and French.
Available places: 4 participants and 1 group leader
- until 19th of September - submitting the online applications;
- until 26th of September - selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable);
- after 26th of September: organizers will arrange the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs: at the moment of the call, the cheaper return flight to Strasbourg costs 300 EUR, however we expect a price increase of 20-30 EUR by the moment of purchase, feel free to check http://www.airfrance.com for the current price level). GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- 27th of October -2nd of November: the training course takes place: enjoy French culture, intercultural exchange and enhance your knowledge about music and arts.
- The project participants must be young people between 18-30 years old, nourishing a strong passion for music and an interest in the development of artistic competences.
- Must have previous experience in voluntary work and international projects.
- Personal and professional motivation;
- Gender balance;
- Age: participants between 18 and 30 years old;
- Fluent English level;
- GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate.
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- transport cost up to 170 euro per participant.
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the ING Bank for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 30 EUR for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before September 8th, 2014) applicants and 50 EUR for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee);
- extra cost for transport (the amount exceeding 170 EUR).
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs;
- In order to travel to France, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should travel to France only from Romania.