GEYC is selecting 5 Romanian participants and 1 group leader to take part in the “Design your future” European project that will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, from 13th until 22nd of November 2014. This is a youth exchange that aims to tackle the most imperative social problems, through a dynamic and captivating tool: design.
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only.
Other applications will not be considered. Deadline: 13.10.2014. Apply now!
“Design your future” is a multilateral youth exchange that will gather 36 youngsters from 6 different European countries, in Lisbon, Portugal.
In this exchange there will be discussed social problems and there will be created design-based social activism campaigns. To be able to do so, during this youth exchange, there will be sessions on creativity, design tools, project planning, communication, media and ethics. Participants will develop personal and professional competences to become social activists, while they will also get to know Lisbon, its people and its culture.
This project will include many activities based on peer education and non-formal education such as: energizers, group dynamics, simulation games, debates, presentation and analysis of successful projects, counselling sessions, intercultural activities and city trips.
Available places: 5 participants and 1 group leader.
- until 13th of October - submitting the online applications;
- until 17th of October - selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable);
- after 17th of October: organizers will arrange the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs: at the moment of the call, the cheaper return flight to Lisbon costs 200 EUR, however we expect a price increase of 20-30 EUR by the moment of purchase, feel free to check www.paravion.ro for the current price level). GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- between 13th and 22th of November: the training course takes place: enjoy Portuguese culture, intercultural exchange and enhance your knowledge about social activism and design.
- Between 18 and 25 years old;
- Interested in design, audiovisual, activism.
- Personal and professional motivation;
- Gender balance;
- Age: participants between 18 and 25 years old;
- Fluent English level;
- GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- transport cost up to 270 EUR per person;
- Insurance during the stay in Portugal.
Participants will be required to cover:
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the ING Bank for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 30 EUR for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before October 2nd, 2014) applicants and 50 EUR for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee);
- transport costs (the amount exceeding 270 EUR);
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
In order to travel to Portugal, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should travel to Portugal only from Romania.