GEYC is selecting 6 Romanian participants to take part in the “Youth against hate” European project that will take place in Limassol, Cyprus, from 15th until 22nd of March 2015. This youth exchange aims to raise awareness about human rights and hate speech online
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
This call is CLOSED!
This call is CLOSED!
About the project
|Seaside view from Limassol, Cyprus|
This is an ongoing call. Apply now! As soon as the places are confirmed with suitable participants, the call will be closed! However, there will be the following steps:
- This call is CLOSED! submitting the application form;
- selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable);
- arranging the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs: at the moment of the call, the cheaper return flight to Larnaca costs 170 EUR, and the transfer Larnaca-Limassol costs 9 EUR/one way; however we expect a price increase of 20-30 EUR by the moment of purchase, feel free to check geyc.ro/flights for the current price level). GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- between 15th and 22nd of March: the training course takes place: enjoy the culture of Cyprus, intercultural exchange and enhance your knowledge about human rights.
- Personal and professional motivation;
- Gender balance;
- Age: 18-25 years old, group leader: no age limit;
- Fluent English level;
- GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- Transport cost up to 170 EUR per participant.
Participants will be required to cover:
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the ING Bank for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 30 EUR for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before January, 19th, 2015) applicants and 50 EUR for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee);
- transport cost- only the amount exceeding 170 EUR;
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
- In order to travel to Cyprus, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should travel to Cyprus only from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply.
- Schedule of activities;
- Accommodation: Tasiana Hotel, Limassol, Cyprus;