GEYC is selecting 4 Romanian participants to take part at 'Citiz'Action" European project which will be held in Erce, France (Toulouse region), from November 30th to December 9th 2013.
Please note that the end of this project was changed to 9th of December 2013 - Deadline: 21/08/2013Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
Type of project: Youth Exchange
Location: Erce, France (see attacched pictures)
Participant countries: France (host), Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Portugal, Estonia
Organizer: Sol Afrika (http://www.solafrika.com)
- Workshop on complementary currencies
- Creating an advertising campaign
- Visit the Emmaus Community and getting involved in their activity
- "Methodology of nonviolent action projects" Workshop
- Creative Workshop of chronic radio on "European Citizenship
- Cultural evenings (presentation of the participant countries)
- Splitting up in working teams for the everyday life tasks: preparing lunch, cleaning the living space
(for further information, please visit the attached document, which is written in French)
- Personal and professional motivation
- Age: 18-25 years old
- Previous experience in volunteering, non violence or human rights is an advantage
- Communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience in "Youth in action" program is an advantage
Organizers of this project will be able to cover the following costs:
- 100% of accommodation;
- 100% of meals;
- 100% of activities, materials and training;
- 70% of the cheapest transport costs, up to a limit of 415 EUR/person for the total cost;
A participation fee covering administrative costs for this project will be paid by each participant (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the Romanian National Bank (BNR) for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 15 EUR for GEYC Community applicants and 25 EUR for other applicants.
- until 21st of August - submitting applications;
- until 23rd of August - selection of participants and notifications;
- until 2nd of September - purchasing travel tickets and submitting participant's individual data (dietary and medical requirements);
- November 30th to December 9th- activities take place;
- until 21st of December - participants are required to submit three photos and an article to describe the project for GEYC's website to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The organizer of this project is an ecological oriented association. Be ready to collect separately organic waste, plastic, papers and bottles (for recycling). Don't worry if you don't know what to do and how to use it, there will be some explanations in the first day!
- One of the most important principles of this experience is collective life. Be ready to be part of cooking & cleaning teams! Don't worry if you are a mess in the kitchen, you will surely find a place to help (cleaning vegetables, cutting cheese etc.), the most important is to be opened for this experience!