GEYC is selecting 5 Romanian participants, to take part in "kNOw Vacancies" European project that will take place in London (suburbs), UK between 01.10-09.10.2016. The main aim of this youth exchange is to look at the labour market problems and help youth find ways to explore new avenues of employment and to know exactly where they should be looking for employment. Deadline: 8 May 2016 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
About the project:
The labour market has become very competitive and we are seeing youth unemployment in many
countries exceeding 40%. Employment doors are constantly closing for our youth. Our project
will look at the labour market problems and help youth find ways to explore new avenues of
employment and to know exactly where they should be looking for employment. We will explore
a variety of competences and methods to increase these skills in order to increase the
employability of youth.
The project is designed for youth from all four corners of Europe to allow for greater diversity in learning and sharing or best practices. The majority of the participants are disadvantages young people who are unemployed and desperately seeking methods to find employment in their countries or within Europe. The participants will exchange good and bad practices from their countries and we will explore all the opportunities available for youth in the EU and on national levels to help them maximise their skills and increase their employability.
-4 participants between 18-30 years old
-one group leader with no age limit (minimum 18 years old)
-gender balance-between 10-30 years old (the leader is without age limit)
-personal and professional motivation
-GEYC volunteers, GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
- until 8 May 2016: submitting the application form
- by 20 May 2016: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the cofinancing - please notice that the cofinancing is non-reimbursable)
- by 30 May 2016: arranging the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs - the reimbursement will be done after the project by bank transfer upon presenting the original tickets) feel free to check geyc.ro/flights for the current price level. GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- between 01.10-09.10.2016: the youth exchange takes place
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- a cofinancing amount covering administrative costs for this project (it will be paid in RON, by bank transfer after the participants are selected). Please don't pay any amount before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 225 RON (50 EURO) for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before 28 April 2016) applicants and 360 RON (80 EUR) for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee); The fee is calculated at a fixed exchage rate (EUR=4.5 RON)
- (if needed) transport cost - only the amount exceeding 80% of the travel budget;
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs.
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- The refund for the travel will be made by bank transfer upon returning home
- Bring: typical food/drinks, music from Romania, pictures etc. to present at the Intercultural Night and be ready to present your sending organisation (GEYC)