GEYC is selecting 3 Romanian participants, to take part in "Community development through social ecology" European project that will take place in Flaxley (Gloucestershire), UK from 1 to 9 March 2016. The main aim of this training course is to focus on addressing key issues of community development, exploring ESD tools (education for sustainable development), biodynamic agriculture, intentional community models (including site visits to different local communities) as well as sharing experience and good practice. Deadline: 27 December 2015 | Apply now!
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
About the project:
Inclusiveness, participation, empowerment, cohesion...all these are crucial elements when seeking to build, reinforce or animate a community. Cultivating a community spirit can be achieved through contributing together towards a common cause, but it is also about becoming more aware and active as individuals. The practice of the arts, connecting to the land through biodynamic gardening and intercultural and inter-generational exchange are very powerful tools to make the experience of community a holistic, sustainable and enjoyable one. The central question we shall address is: How can human communities thrive, celebrating diversity, creativity and freedom, whilst at the same time re-harmonize with the natural world?
Based on Non-Formal Education methods, this course will focus on addressing key issues of community development, exploring ESD tools (education for sustainable development), biodynamic agriculture, intentional community models (including site visits to different local communities) as well as sharing experience and good practice. Participants will also be given time and support to develop their own project ideas and future co-operation, to ensure a wider impact of the course.
-3 participants with no age limit
-personal and professional motivation
-GEYC volunteers, GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate
by 7 January 2016: selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable)
Note: if you won't receive an e-mail by 7 January, it means that we found other suitable candidates for this project.
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
Participants will be required to cover:
- In order to start their travel, Romanian participants should own a valid ID or passport.
- Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants.
- In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should start their travel from Romania.
- Please make sure you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of GEYC European mobility programs before you apply
- Accomodation will be at ASHA Center
- The refund for the travel will be made by bank transfer to GEYC Association, when the original tickets and boarding passes (for the way back home) will arrive to the organisers in UK (by post or by e-mail). GEYC will also transfer to all the participants.
- The ASHA Centre has carpeted areas where shoes are to be removed. We advise you to bring a comfortable pair of house shoes/slippers.
- Please be prepared to briefly present GEYC organisation during the training.
- Please also bring some national drinks and snacks for the intercultural evening