From October 26th to November 4th 2015, GEYC takes part to "Let's Get Visible" in Vadul lui Vodă, Moldova.
This is a training course organized in the frame of Erasmus+ programme being dedicated to youth workers that would like to improve their digital skills and knowledge in social media tools.
For NGOs, communication and transparency are key tools for building trust and attracting external support for their cause.
The project has the main goal to develop the skills of youth workers in the area of social media and digital technologies like: internet, photography and video making. It is dedicated to youth workers working in different fields of social issues to help them promote their activities, disseminate the results in a more professional and attractive way and as a result – to engage more active young people in their work and bring attention of a wider public to the social issues of their local community and country.
- To create a platform of sharing and discussions between youth workers about promotional tools like: social media, photography, videos, flash mobs, exhibitions, fairs etc.
- To raise awareness on the social issues relevant to the work of participants among them and their target groups using the multimedia tools of photography and videography;
- To stimulate the sense of entrepreneurship and responsibility for their work among participants through the creation of new methods of stimulating the active work of young people.
- To help youth initiate debate on the issues relevant to their local community using media, art and space;
- To developing basic digital skills using a creative approach towards the art of photo and video activity by attending dynamic workshops and practical work in photography and videography;
|"Wanna be millionaire?" - Erasmus+ style|
|What are the most relevant Social Media tools for NGOs?|
|How to use effectively Social Media tools?|
|Why NGOs should use social media tools?|
Main results of the project:
Participants created a practical tool in form of a handbook that contain all the relevant methods and tools explored by the participants:
- Social Media
This handbook will help youth workers to promote their activities and also will include basic video lessons on film creation: from technical lessons to screenplay writing and film production.
The guide can be downloaded from the link below:
Participants created 5 video materials about different social issues that participants choose. Each of the movie has the goal to change the people's mindset and be more active.
All the videos can be found on the Youtube channel of the project, the link below:
The youth workers created an online platform of sharing and discussions where all the interested persons can subscribe, share, comment and debate about the Social Media topic.
Here is the link to the platform:
As a conclusion, we believe that all the effort done during this Training - Seminar brought a fruitful success and a positive impact on all the people involved in it.