GEYC is selecting 3 Romanian participants to take part in the “Training 4 Trainers” European project that will take place in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, from 25th of October until 3rd of November 2014. This is a training course that aims to train youth workers to become trainers.
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only.
Other applications will not be considered. Deadline: 28.09.2014. Apply now!
The project Training 4 Trainers aims to train youth workers to become trainers and provide them with the theory, skills and tools necessary to design implement and evaluate effective training programmes themselves in order to generate optimum learning outcomes and improved performance. The training course will take place in England and will gather 26 participants from 8 European countries. It is planned as an intensive 10 day long training course using the method of non-formal education in order to create an appropriate learning environment by focusing on
learning by experience, reflection on the past activities of the participants, discussions about the
key competencies of youth work and discovering training competencies and methodology. A team of highly competent trainers will implement the activity ensuring that each participant will get adequate learning guidelines and personal mentoring as well.
Specific focus of the training will be made on active learning - how to understand it and to promote it when working with young people. There is a lack of competent trainers in the youth field who are able to work on this Youth in Action programme priority areas - thus the training will directly contribute to the increase of the educational activity and quality youth work done around the dimensions and act of youth work and learning in Europe. The training course will contribute to the development and expansion of a network of trainers and facilitators with the skills and motivation to contribute to the quality and sustainability of the youth programmes in Europe. It will include various types of learning activities and formats to provide the youth workers with considerable flexibility in adapting the educational programmes to the specific needs of participants.
Available places: 3 participants
- until 28th of September - submitting the online applications;
- until 1st of October - selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (paying the participation fee - please notice that the participation fee is non-reimbursable);
- after 1st of September: organizers will arrange the travel details (please be ready to cover your travel costs: at the moment of the call, the cheaper return flight to Newcastle upon Tyne costs 300 EUR, however we expect a price increase of 20-30 EUR by the moment of purchase, feel free to check www.paravion.ro for the current price level). GEYC will support you throughout the booking process and the reimbursement procedure;
- 25th of October – 3rd of November: the training course takes place: enjoy British culture, intercultural exchange and enhance your knowledge about how to become a trainer.
- Over 18 years old;
- Must be youth workers, project coordinators and/or volunteers;
- Must have previous experience in voluntary work and international projects.
- Personal and professional motivation;
- Gender balance;
- Age: participants over 18;
- Fluent English level;
- GEYC volunteers and GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate;
The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission :
- 100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
- transport cost up to 360 euro per participant.
Participants will be required to cover:
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the ING Bank for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 50 EUR for GEYC Community (please note that for this call we will consider the members that joined the Community before September 19th, 2014) applicants and 80 EUR for other applicants (GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee);
- extra cost for transport (the amount exceeding 360 EUR).
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs;
In order to travel to United Kingdom, Romanian participants should own a valid ID card or passport.
Arrangements regarding medical insurance are the responsibility of the participants;
In order to be reimbursed, Romanian participants should travel to UK only from Romania.