GEYC is selecting 4 Romanian participants and a group leader to take part in "Artistic of learning methods and transnational socio-cultural changes" European project which will be held in Gaziantep, Turkey, from 23rd to 30th of March 2014.
Please notice that this call is for Romanian participants only. Other applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE: 25.01.2014 | Apply now!
Find out more.
Available places (for Romanian participants)
4 participants and 1 group leader (if you are not familiar with the "group leader" role, find out more)
- until 25th of January - submitting applications;
Please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject:
“[YE TK] – Last name, First name (P)” – if you apply as a participant or
“[YE TK] – Last name, First name (L)” - if you apply as a group leader.
If you apply for both roles specify “(P/L)” ONLY if you apply as a group leader, please attach your CV to the application e-mail as well and mention why you think you are suitable for this position.
- until 31st of January - selection of participants, notifications and confirmations (signing the agreement and paying the participation fee);
IMPORTANT: if the candidates will cancel their participation after the confirmation (signing the agreement and paying the participation fee), they will need to fully cover (100%) their travel costs. The participation fee is non-reimbursable;
- February: organizers will arrange the travel details;
- from 23rd to 30th of March - activities take place. Participants are required to send photos and updates during the project for our Facebook page (at least once). Those will be sent directly to the page as a private message;
DEADLINE: 25.01.2014 | Apply now!
- Personal and professional motivation;
- Gender balance;
- Age: participants: 18-25 years old, group leader: no age limit;
- Previous experience in photography, peace building, human rights or European exchanges are considered to be an advantage;
- GEYC Community applicants will have priority to participate;
As this is a European project co-financed by the European Commission through "Youth in action" program, GEYC and the Turkish organizers of this project will be able to cover the following costs:
- 100% of accommodation;
- 100% of meals;
- 100% of activities, materials and training;
- 70% of the cheapest transport costs. Organizers will pay the tickets in advance and the participants will be required to pay only 30% in EUR, cash upon their arrival for the project and to keep all travel documents (boarding passes, tickets etc.).
Therefore, participants will be required to cover the following costs:
- 30% of the travel costs in EUR, cash upon their arrival for the project and to keep all travel documents (boarding passes, tickets etc.). and 100% of any other transport costs which don't respect the requirements (taxi, travel by car, personal transport outside the project activities etc.);
- a participation fee covering administrative costs for this project (the fee will be paid in RON, by bank transfer at the exchange rate given by the Romanian National Bank (BNR) for the day of payment; the fee will be paid after the participants are selected. Please don't pay any fee before you receive the confirmation e-mail): 15 EUR for GEYC Community applicants and 25 EUR for other applicants (the group leader and GEYC active volunteers are not required to pay the participation fee);
- (if needed) passport issue or renewal;
- (if needed) medical insurance;
- (if needed) any other personal costs;
Important to know
- Each participant will be required to bring a ''photo camera'';
- In order to travel to Turkey, Romanian participants should have a valid Romanian passport (entrance with ID card only is not permitted). No visa is required. If you don't already have a passport, please check this link for further reference;
- Arranging their personal medical insurance is the responsibility of the participants;