From October 14th to 21th, GEYC participated to "Sports and social" project - an european youth exchange in Roccalumera, Italy. The exchange was organized by the Municipality of Roccalumera under the Youth in Action program.
The main purpose of this project was to provide an intercultural space of exchange in the field of sportive and social activities among the participating groups. In this project attended youngsters from Italy, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
- Sports: playing volleyball, basketball, football, presentation on "Sports situation and infrastructure" in participating countries, workshops, debates, brainstorming on this topic;
- An European Parliament Simulation;
- Cultural visits: to Taormina and Etna Volcano;
- A local Conference on "Youth involvement in European projects";
- An intercultural evening: cultural and touristic presentation of the countries;
Romanian group was represented by 7 youngsters as follows:
-Group leader: Brezoiu Gabriel;
-Participants: Cornea Andreea-Ramona, Constantin Roxana-Andreea, Marin Dana-Andreea, Coman Victor, Costea Mihail and Petre Sorin;
The Romanian group participation was supported by the Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism from Romania.